1. Schedule briefings early in the show and early in the day.
2. Ask show management for publicity in the press room.
3. Extend written invitations to editors prior to the show.
4. Collect R.S.V.P.s by phone.
5. Plan presentation details and visuals.
6. Prepare handouts or press kits.
7. Be certain content is newsworthy.
8. Limit briefings to half an hour.
9. Use knowledgeable, articulate presenters.
10. Serve food that is easy to eat.
11. Give a small, practical gift as a thank-you.
12. Follow up with editors after the show.